Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR), or Endpoint Threat Detection and Response (ETDR) is a relatively new technology, which addresses the need for continuous monitoring and response to continually evolving advanced threats.
Primarily EDR is designed to:
- Monitor and collect activity data from endpoints which may indicate a threat
- Analyse this data
- Automatically respond to threats
- Provide forensic and analysis tools to research identified threats
Our endpoint solution enables the prevention of threats and the mitigation of risks with machine learning behavioural analysis, essential antivirus, exploit prevention, firewall, and web control. This required threat intelligence and other telemetry collected from your entire estate.
We also provide centralised management and data visualisation to highlight threat data so you can quickly harden your defences and make policy changes.
Real-time scanning, cloud analytics, application containment, and rollback remediation work together to limit the impact of suspicious files and zero-day malware. Manual detections and remediation are replaced by automatic analysis, containment and policies to halt threats before they spread, returning endpoints to a healthy state.
EDR integration with threat intelligence assists with faster detection of activities, tactics, techniques and procedures identified as malicious.
Our automated and adaptable Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) technology is easy to use and makes incident response as simple as one click. Automated AI-guided investigations equip analysts of any experience level and help speed threat triage.
- Provides better and stronger defence against malware from rapid analysis
- Allows analysts to apply strategic incident response without a demanding administration overhead
- Detects evasive zero-day threats in near real time by examining how they look and behave
- Provides roll back remediation, automatically reversing malicious actions made by threats by returning them to their previous healthy state to keep your systems and users productive
- Directly maps to Mitre ATT&CK Framework making it quicker to understand the techniques, tactics, and procedures of any given threat.
- Centralises management to provide greater visibility with the orchestrator console, simplifying operations, unifying security and reducing costs
- Seamlessly integrates with existing tools within the threat hunting and intelligence ecosystem such as SIEM and Sandbox to provide a more mature and complete security posture.
McAfee - A Simpler Approach to Endpoint Security
Developing a unified defense to protect every endpoint—from device to cloud